Brittany A. Frisbie
Prior to becoming a licensed attorney in the State of Colorado, Brittany Frisbie had nearly six years of prior experience working in the Family Law arena as a legal assistant, paralegal, and law clerk. Brittany now works as an associate attorney at Stahly, LLC, practicing all areas of Family Law with a passion for assisting clients through what can undoubtedly be one of the hardest times of their lives.
Brittany received her Juris Doctor from the Sturm College of Law at the University of Denver, a Master of Science in Legal Administration degree from the University of Denver, and her Bachelor of Arts majoring in Applied Sociology from the University of Northern Colorado.
Brittany relies on her creativity, compassion and focus to bring cases to resolution, both inside and outside the courtroom. She regularly provides clients with counsel, case assessment and guidance based on the individual needs of each case.
Outside of the office, Brittany enjoys teaching courses at Morgan Community College, traveling, writing, recreational photography and exploring in the mountains with her family, friends, and pup Benji. Brittany also enjoys volunteering with the American Foundation for Suicide Prevention, where she sits as the Advocacy and Public Policy Chair for the Colorado Chapter.
- Family Law
- Child Custody
- Child Support
- University of Denver Sturm College of Law, Denver, Colorado
- University of Denver, Denver, Colorado
- M.A. - 2013
- University of Northern Colorado, Greeley, Colorado
- Bachelor of Arts - 2011
- Major: Applied Sociology
- Colorado, 2019
- Boulder County Bar Association November 2021 Newsletter
- Co-Authored “Best Interests, Guardian Ad Litem & Protecting the Best Interests of Clients: Experiencing Impairment in Domestic Relations”, Boulder County Bar Associate Newsletter, November 2021
- Co-Authored “Taking A Stand Against the Stigma – How Domestic Relations Practitioners Can Increase Transparency in Suicide Prevention to Save Lives”, Boulder County Bar Association Newsletter, November 2020
Pro Bono Activities
- Boulder County Legal Services Pro Se Clinics, Volunteer
- Boulder County Bar Association, 2019 to Present
- Co-Chair Family Law Section, Boulder County Bar Association, 2020 to Present
- Boulder Interdisciplinary Committee (IDC), Member, 2019 to Present
- Colorado Bar Association, Family Law Section, 2019 to Present
- Successfully litigated and achieved to help a parent obtain primary parenting time and relocate across Colorado with the child, proving the other party’s allegations of physical and emotional abuse were fabricated.
- Successfully litigated the dismissal of a permanent protection order.
- Successfully negotiated multiple settlements rendering waiver of maintenance obligations.
- Successfully litigated a multi-day trial to achieve primary parenting time proving the other party posed risk to the children to the point no overnight parenting time is permitted.
- Successfully negotiated a settlement to rectify the other party’s significant unauthorized dissipation of marital assets.
- Successfully achieved 50/50 parenting time against the other party’s allegations seeking a restriction of parenting time.
- Successfully litigated and achieved orders requiring shared grandparent visitation.